Today The American Spectator, a conservative publication, posted an article that again questioned the president's faith:
Why does a significant chunk of the American electorate think Obama is a Muslim? Let's count some of the reasons: he speaks of his "Muslim roots," says he hails from "generations of Muslims," was born to a line of Muslim males and given by them an Arabic name, went to a Muslim school in Islamic Indonesia, speaks glowingly of Islam whenever he gets the chance, holds a Ramadan dinner in the White House, tells his NASA head to turn the space agency into a Muslim outreach program, and last but not least insults doctrinal Christians routinely.Of course, these charges are either outright false or taken out of context. I went over and posted as a comment on The American Spectator's article the letter issued yesterday by over 70 religious leaders - conservative, moderate and progressive - defending the president's faith as a Christian. Take a look at some of the responses that came in from readers of The American Spectator to that letter:
- That President Bozo is "clearly a committed Christian" is simply not in evidence.
- How can a narcissist like Obama worship any Higher Power other than himself? His words and deeds speak louder than any third party's attempt to rehabilitate an obvious Secular Humanist with a deep and abiding love for Islamic culture and values.
- I noticed the top name on the list was T.D. Jakes. I believe he is a well known "black" minister so I would assume without checking that many more on the list are as well. I suppose they're just protecting "the brother".
- The man whose water you are carrying is the most radically pro-abortion president, ever. In the Illinois legislature, he usually voted "Present," except for abortion--when he always voted in favor. I fail to see how any of so-called "social conservative" clergyman could support this ignoble, untruthful, untrustworthy man.His religion is a matter of debate because he and his media sycophants have made it so.
- His name is Muslim, he grew up in a Muslim church and with Muslim fathers and still thinks the call to prayers is one of the most beautiful sounds in the world. He supports Islam against Christianity whenever there is a conflict. Please don't believe you are so important that you know what his faith is because he says its Christian. I will bet not one of the people who signed this letter ever ministered a sermon to this President.
- Dear Rev. Chuck: You and the rest of obama's spitoon-carriers are working overtime these days aren't you?
- Just like the lame stream media, you and your social justice posse are a bunch of hacks. Words are cheap, especially from this administration; his actions speak volumes. Wake up preachers! Stop enabling this fraud who definitely does not have America's or Christians values as a top priority!
- I would remind you Rev. Currie that a horde of so called “Christian” theologians flocked to Adolf Hitler because of his overt “good deeds” while turning a blind eye to how those “good deeds” were ultimately paid for and by whom. You strike me as one of those “fools” that couldn’t see the Forrest for the trees in the 1930s. Whatever Barrack Obama’s faith is, if any at all, it has not substance to what the teachings of Christ are. Not a bit. The last time I looked Rev. Currie the teachings of Marx and any flavor of Fascism aren’t compatible with Christianity and those that defend such have no legitimacy in such matters. It wouldn’t be the first time a charlatan has taken members of the “church” leadership for gain. It wouldn’t be the first time the “church” leadership has been the doorman for the devil’s work either. Which is Rev. Currie, are you blind or just deaf?
In the end, it is hate. Pure hate. Fueled by racism and religious bigotry.
What will be the ultimate outcome as those on the right stoke the fires of hatred? Pray for reconciliation and understanding in our great nation.